Friday, April 19, 2013

1) Ex-Convicts as Returning Citizens


1) Ex-Convicts as Returning Citizens

"Between 1974 and 2002, the number of inmates in federal and state prisons rose six-fold. By 2002, 476 out of every 100,000 Americans were imprisoned, according to Justice Department statistics" (Weinstein). In June of 2009, there were approximately
2.3 million people incarcerated (Bent). About 95 percent of these prisoners will eventually be released back into society (Weinstein). For most ex-felons, this transition is extremely difficult. Ram Cnaan says that person's contacts with society are often severed. (Johnson) Ex-felons return to a different world than the one they left. People are older, things have changed (Childerston).

"Your ability to navigate bureaucracy was never very good and now you come [out of prison] and people tell you that you have to stand in line, you have to fill out forms, and you don’t know how to do it," said Ram Cnaan (Johnson). Some returning citizens were imprisoned as young adults, and have never held a job. When they renter society, they need to find work, but they do not know how. Even simple things like shaking someone's hand or not stealing, must be learned (Childerston).

2 comments:

  1. m so happy to day for Dr chimnedum herbal home for he has made A me proud with his great herbalist work am not regreathing never meeting him cause he is a great herbalist man Dr chimnedum herbal home is a herbal home where you will have peace of mind he is a great herbalist man indeed, Dr chimnedum will never ever make mistake when giving Herb's to people, he cures all kind of disease,infection, illness, STD, kidney stony, HIV/AIDS,I am one of does he cured with his herb I am Campbell William I will testify to the great herbal home of Dr chimnedum he has cured my staphylococcus with his great herb,I'm proud if you whant to contact him you are free to contact him on his e-mail ( DR.CHIMNEDUMHERBALHOME 1616@GMAIL.COM,you can also contact him on his WhatsApp line no:+2347086675538, I will like you to contact him and be free from any thing that is your problem, seeing is believing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete